Sunday, April 13, 2014

Targeteering Weekend

Most of what I've been posting lately have been my couponing trips and maybe I need to tone it down a little and choose more interesting topics, but today's grocery trip was awesome and I just needed to share it. This will more than likely be the last couponing breakdown for the next couple of weeks so bare with me. I was so excited walking out of the store.
I had used up some of my mobile coupons so I decided to bring Philip along and use his (he went rather unwillingly) so that I could do this awesome deal. 
Terrible photo of me, but let's focus on what I bought. This week there is a mobile coupon for $10 off a $50 grocery purchase which I applied before all other coupons I mentioned here. This acts as a "percentage off" coupon, so you can use other Target coupons in addition to it. I mentioned to my hubby that I needed to reach $50 in grocery products so as soon as we walked into the store he disappeared for about 5 minutes and returned with several packages of meat, two gallons of milk (yuck) and Starburst Jelly Beans. That was ok because we had coupons for those lol. 
Here's the breakdown: 
  • Bag of Starburst Jelly Beans, $2.00 regular price
    • Used 10% off Target Cartwheel
    • Used $0.75 off Target Mobile Coupon
    • Paid $1.05
  • 5 Gum Single Pack, $1.29 regular price
    • Used $0.50 off Target Printable
    • Paid $0.79
  • Doritos, $3.79 regular price
    • On sale for $3.00
  • 2 Market Pantry Gallon Water, $0.79 regular price
    • On sale for $0.72
    • Used 5% off Cartwheel
    • Paid $0.68 each
  • Market Pantry Bacon, $4.39 regular price
    • On sale for $3.79
  • 2 Market Pantry Bratwurst Sausages, $3.49 regular price
    • Used two $1.00 off Fresh Meat Target Mobile Coupons
    • Paid $4.98 total
  • Baby Carrots, $2.99 regular price
    • On sale for $1.50
    • Used $1.00 off Vegetable Purchase, Target Mobile Coupon
    • Paid $0.50
  • Mini Potatoes, $3.99 regular price
    • On sale for $1.89
    • Used $1.00 off Vegetable Purchase, Target Mobile Coupons
    • Paid $0.89
  • 2 Boxes of Raisin Mini Wheats, Buy One Get One Free Sale, $3.14 regular price
    • On sale for $2.50 each
    • Used 50% off Target Cartwheel
    • Used $1.00 off 2 Kellogg's Printable Coupon
    • Paid $0.25 total!
  • Market Pantry Canned Corn, $0.67 sale price
    • Used 5% off Cartwheel
    • Paid $0.63
  • Market Pantry Canned Beans, $0.74 sale price
    • Used 5% off Cartwheel
    • Paid $0.70
  • Market Pantry Hot Dog Buns, $1.29 regular price
    • Used 5% off Cartwheel
    • Paid $1.22
  • Strawberries, $2.49 regular price
    • On Sale for $1.50
    • Used 5% off Cartwheel
    • Used $1 off Fresh Fruit Target Mobile Coupon
    • Paid $0.42 
  • Market Pantry Ground Chicken, $3.59 regular price
    • Used $1.00 coupon on package
    • Paid $2.59
  • 2 gallons of Market Pantry Milk (yuck), $3.09 regular price
    • Used 5% off Cartwheel
    • Paid $2.93 each (hubby was so happy, he consumes so much milk) 
  • 2 Market Pantry Dozen Eggs, $1.89 regular price
    • On sale for $0.99 (cheapest I've ever seen!)
    • Used two $0.50 Target Mobile Coupons
    • Used one $0.55 off 2 Printable Coupon
    • Paid $0.43 total!!! 
  • Market Pantry Juice, $2.29 regular price
    • Used 5% off Cartwheel
    • Paid $2.11
  • Market Pantry Sliced Cheese, $2.69 regular price
    • Used $0.75 off Target Mobile Coupon
    • Paid $1.94
  • Babybel Cheese, $2.99 regular price
    • Used $1.00 off Printable Coupon
    • Submitted for $1.00 Shopmium Rebate
    • Paid $0.99 after rebate
  • 4 7-Up 10 and 1 Big Red, $1.29 regular price
    • On sale for 5 for $5
    • Used two $1.50 off 2 7-Up 10 Printable Coupons
    • Submitted for $1.00 Jingit Rebate
    • Paid $1.00 total after rebate
And I'm done!!! According to my receipt, I saved $38.78 and I paid $29.54, so that's way over 50% savings! This was sooo fun because I got to bring Phil and let him be excited about couponing since we used his phone. He was pretty happy about all the milk, meat, and jelly beans he was able to purchase. 
In case you're wondering how I get the mobile coupons, grab your smartphone and do this: 
Text the words SPRING, THANKS, EASTER, GROCERY, & RECIPE to 827438 (spelling out Target) and you'll receive a text after each with a link to Mobile Coupons. Use them wisely!!! 


3 comments:

  1. Don't stop posting your coupon trips. Use them as a way to track your savings. I've been couponing steadily for about 2 years. I read other people's shopping trips and advise to see how others do it and what has worked for them. I've learned a lot. The main lesson I've learned from others is to focus on my out of pocket expenses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've never really thought about using this blog to keep track of my expenses, but it's a good idea :)

      Delete
  2. I'm with Coupon Savings Chica. I enjoy reading your couponing trips :) Keep posting!

    ReplyDelete

UA-48972972-1