Wednesday, April 16, 2014

My Dollar Story

So last weekend I posted a rather large Target shopping trip and when I got home and dug around in my wallet I realized there was a $1.00 off coupon that I forgot to use! I think I'm taking this couponing thing to the extremes because yesterday I stopped by Target and took my receipt + coupon to customer service and asked to apply it to the purchase.
My local Target gives you up to 3 days to refund your money for a coupon you forgot to use (I learned that yesterday) and so I went and literally exchanged a piece of paper with ink for a $1 bill lol. The customer service lady was very nice about it, but I guess it helped that I used the "sweet, helpless, lost and insecure girl" act on her. Works every time.
ANYWAY, I just thought it was funny how I've become such a penny pincher. {It was MY dollar and I wanted it back!} And what did I do with this elusive $1? I bought as many things as possible! Seriously, I think I might have broken a record here:

  • 3 boxes of Kellogg's Mini-Wheats
    • Sale price $2.50
    • Used Cartwheel 50% off Mini-Wheats
    • Used $3 off 3 Kellogg's Cereal printable
    • Paid $0.25 each, or $0.75 total
  • 2 Dozen eggs
    • $0.99 sale price
    • Used $0.50 Target Mobile Coupon (text SPRING to 827438)
    • Used $0.50 Target Mobile Coupon (text THANKS to 827438)
    • Used $0.55 off 2 Dozen printable coupon
    • Paid $0.22 each, or $0.43 total
Total Paid: $1.18  I had to dig around at the bottom of my purse for those extra $0.18, but hey... not bad for a month's worth of cereal and eggs. I saved $8.30 (counting sale prices) for a whopping 87.56% decrease! 
Thank you coupons for making me do math. My under-stimulated brain needed it. 

1 comment:

UA-48972972-1