Friday, April 4, 2014

Back To School Time

Yesterday I was finally registered for classes at TAMUCC! My goal is to obtain a GIS Post-Bacc Certificate (GIS = Geographic Information Science) and then do everything in my power to obtain a Masters in Geospatial Surveying Engineering. I might have to get a second full-blown bachelors in GIS before I can move on to that step, but I don't believe it will stop me. GIS is one of the best majors offered at TAMUCC and they're online program is very good, so even if other things come up in life between now and then, I can still do it.
I am sooo excited! The semester right after I graduated I felt a huge relief about no more exams and endless papers to write and scientific journals to read, but soon after I discovered I really missed the classroom. I think being a student is just my element; nothing feels more natural than sitting in a classroom frantically taking notes. 
Weird, huh? 
The truth is, even though I just called myself weird, I consider it a personal blessing to have been born and raised with such a love for learning. Not many people enjoy this as much as I, and so I think of it as a talent that shouldn't go to waste. The first line in my patriarchal blessing mentions how important my education is and always will be, so I'm doing myself justice and accepting the blessing that I was rightfully meant to have. 

So here are the classes I'm taking: 
This Summer is going to be pretty yucky. These are both two-month long courses, and I had to sign a paper which literally said "I understand I will have no life due to my classes" before being allowed to register.
Calculus II
Problem Solving w/ Computers 
And then Fall is going to be insanely busy! I will be working full-time and running back and forth to classes during lunch breaks. (15 hours, and labs are the looong computery kind of labs)
Geospatial Mathematical Techniques
Geospatial Software Systems I
Remote Sensing
Geospatial Plane Measurement I
So even though this looks and feels insane, I know I can do it. Past college years have shown that I am more motivated during difficult semesters because I know I can't slack off. I can do this, I can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-48972972-1