Wednesday, December 4, 2013

San Antonio Bound!

Two mornings ago Philip's phone rang at 6:44am and I was about to grab it and throw it across the room (yes, I hate mornings that much) because I thought it was one of his dozen alarms he used to wake up to go to work.... only he's been unemployed for 3 weeks now. As it turns out, it was a phone call from GE Oil and Gas in San Antonio offering him the job he went to test/interview for last week! I'm very proud of him, 30 others had taken that exam before he did and he was the first to pass it, so that had to be good news from day 1.
He will be driving up to San Antonio tomorrow morning to do paperwork and take a drug test, and is set to start working this coming Monday. We haven't quite figured out when or how we are going to move yet... particularly because our apartment complex is kind of a jerk about breaking our lease. I was shooting to move out there before Christmas, but that is definitely not going to happen. Chances are we will welcome 2014 by traveling to and from from Brownsville to Corpus to San Antonio. (Brownsville is involved because I really want to celebrate New Years with my family).
No matter what happens, I'm super stoked about moving up there... and I'm also super nervous, especially since Wiki told me today that it's the 7th biggest city in the U.S., which I took to mean that I'll be living at the mercy of my GPS. Yay for big changes!
That little red dot is where Philip will be working... somewhere between San An and New Braunfels. Now we need to find an apartment close to that, and then I need to find a nearby job so that commuting won't give me a daily heart attack. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-48972972-1