Wednesday, November 27, 2013

I'm Lovin It

I am currently sitting at a McDonalds in San Antonio eating chicken nuggets and passing the time until Philip calls me to pick him up from a huge building down the road. He was unexpectedly laid off one week and one day ago, and today he is interviewing and taking a test for GE Oil and Gas. If all goes well, we will both be moving to northeast San Antonio in a matter of weeks... most likely before Christmas! The original plan was for him to come by himself, but we decided it would be prudent for me to come along in case he DOES get hired today so that we can look for an apartment (or house) and get to know this part of town better. I have no idea how long this interview and test will take, which is why I came prepared with a fully charged laptop, cellphone, and pocket Sudoku book.
I can't really say how I feel about suddenly moving out of Corpus Christi. I have been excited for January to come so that I can start on my GIS certificate at TAMUCC, but I have also been wanting more for us than just existing... and that's pretty much all there is to do in Corpus. We had always imagined settling down in San Antonio for good, but I just didn't imagine it would come so quickly.
Philip is extremely excited about this job. For starters, it means he actually has a chance at a career with an international company, instead of the usual hit and miss contracts with his previous company who hired and laid off people in a matter of minutes. Although I have been worried about money since he was laid off, I must admit I have loved this past week. The side of Phil that I fell in love with finally came back out after two days of getting enough sleep and not being away from home for 16 hours of the day. (Last night he walked the dog, swept the living room, made dinner, and did the dishes! Plus, today he has promised to fight the crowds at HEB and go grocery shopping with me! Who IS this man? hahaha)
Well, I have now finished eating my 10 chicken nuggets and now it's time to "help" Philip out with his English homework. He's decided his last paper of the semester is going to be about Wonder Woman and I am going to help him find sources to cite. Should take about 20 minutes, I'm good at this stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-48972972-1