Monday, October 28, 2013

None Ya

I finally got to visit my parents this past weekend after 3ish months of not seeing them. It was great! I played with puppies, ate mom's homemade food, hung out with friends, and basically just relaxed and felt like I was 16 again (hubby had to work and stayed behind).
 The only bad part (and reason for this venting) was the dozen or so ladies in church asking over and over if I was preggers yet. Really? I've been married less than FOUR MONTHS and that's all you can ask? Nothing about "how's married life" or a good old "how are you?" Some went as far as following the preggers question with "oh, well have you gained weight then?" (jerk. I haven't. I've been the same for the past two years.) and others said "oh that's good, but how long do you plan to wait?". That's such a personal question, and quite honestly, none of your business. If it's socially acceptable for you to ask about babies then it should also be socially acceptable for me to ask how much credit card debt you have. None of my damn business, right? Exactly.
By far the worst one was this lady whose name I don't even know lecturing me about contraception. She said things like "why havent you seen a gynecologist yet? I don't understand how girls can even use contraception without even knowing if they're fertile or not." and "if you use condoms you're always going to be stressed out, you're never going to enjoy your relationship." What the hell? what's it to you? I don't even know your name and you're lecturing me and telling me I should get pregnant as soon as possible? As much as I'd like kids some day, this is between my husband and I. Nobody else is going to be raising my children, so nobody needs to be lecturing me about condom usage.
Ugh, makes me so mad. Not even my parents or in-laws ask me about babies, why the hell should I answer to you? So what if I want to wait a little longer? Last I checked age 23 isn't considered old and decrepit yet. It's not like it's a now or never kind of thing. Excuse me for wanting to have a house, career, and education before a baby. Good things take time, and if my children are going to be the best thing that ever happened to me, then you can be damned sure I'm going to plan for them accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-48972972-1