Thursday, October 16, 2014

It's Like Muffins

When I was in High School I took a class called Nutrition and Food Science where we learned about cooking healthily. The first time we ever made anything we baked banana nut muffins following a simple recipe, and to this day I remember an important phrase my teacher kept on repeating: "with muffins, it's all about the quality, not the quantity." She meant for us to avoid making multiple batches of tiny, lifeless muffins and instead focus on making around 6 very good, fluffy, large muffins.

I have never forgotten those words and I constantly apply them to multiple aspects of my life... focus on the quality of it, not how much of it you can have.

So... to the point... I decided to apply that to blogging too. Remember that 30-day blogging challenge? I just got rid of it. Most if not all of those posts were incredibly boring and pointless and they took no skill in writing. Instead of overcrowding my page with nonsense I am going to go back to the mostly thoughtful, long-winded posts. Writing makes more sense that way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-48972972-1