Monday, June 9, 2014

$2.17 MM at CVS for $60 of Product :)

So there's this new CVS that opened up last week and it's exactly on my way to work OR school, so I decided to go check it out. I happened to run into the king of cashiers there, he was the coolest dude I've ever had scan my purchases lol. I thought it was going to be difficult because it was a new store and this might be a guy who just learned how to be a cashier, but no. This guy knew all there was to know about coupons and was kind enough to explain how their system worked and even push through some rather unfriendly Almay coupons that beeped. Also, he had the deepest tenor voice and was about 6'8" or something enormous like that.
Anyway, here's what I bought using a complicated combination of CVS and manufacturer coupons:

  • Two Colgate Total Advantage Toothpaste, 7.6 oz
    • On Sale for 2 for $7.98, Buy 2 get $2 Extra Bucks
    • Used two $1/1 Colgate Toothpaste MC from SS 6/1
  • Two 3-Pack Listerine Breath Strips, $4.29 regular price
    • Buy one, get $2 Extra Bucks, limit 2
    • Used $3 off $15 Oral Care CVS Coupon
  • One Playtex Sport Tampons, 40ct. 
    • One Sale for $7.99, Buy one get $3 Extra Bucks, limit 1
    • Used $3/1 Playtex MC from SS 5/18
  • One Tena Pads, 14ct
    • On Sale for $3.50, Buy one get $2.50 Extra Bucks
    • Used $1/1 Tena Product MC (coupons.com)
  • One CVS Thin Pantyliner, $1.27 regular price
    • Used $3 off $12 Tampons or Pads CVS Coupon 
  • Two Almay One Coat Mascara, $8.29 regular price
    • BOGO 50% OFF
    • Used two $4/1 Almay Cosmetics Product from SS 6/1
  • Two Almay Shadow Softies Eye Shadow, $5.29 regular price
    • BOGO 50% OFF
    • Used two $4/1 Almay Cosmetics Products from SS 6/1
    • Used one $4 off $20 Beauty CVS Coupon
I also used one $10 off $40 CVS Coupon that was mailed to me last Thursday and I used $8.00 in Extra Bucks from last week. 

My total before Extra Care savings and coupons was $60.44
After coupons were applied, the $8.00 Extra Bucks had to be decreased to $7.68 because it exceeded my total (which was perfectly ok with me). 
My total Out of Pocket was $1.33, which was just tax and I received a total of $11.50 Extra Bucks

So to figure out the MM: $11.50 EB - $8.00 EB - $1.33 OOP = $2.17 Money Maker!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-48972972-1