Friday, September 13, 2013

Washing 'Chine

I think I broke our old washing machine the other day...? I had a small blanket and 4 pillowcases in there (not even half full) and halfway through the rinse cycle it started making very loud banging noises. I Googled and YouTubed possible problems and fixes and never came up with anything. Philip tried taking it apart and checking for broken springs or couplings and there wasn't anything wrong with those either.
We ended up at Best Buy on Saturday and picked out this one here. It's a high efficiency washer so it doesn't have that rotator thing in the middle.
So far I love it. It adjusts the water level according to how much stuff is in there, and yesterday I easily fit a fluffy king-size comforter in there without a problem. It also plays a rather melodic tune to let us know it's done washing stuff. Only negative aspect so far: it locks the lid as soon as you hit Start, so I have to make sure to hunt down those socks under the bed before I start a cycle.
Also, off to the side you can kind of see my growing stockpile of laundry detergent. (I'm addicted to buying laundry detergent. Don't ask) The shelves they're sitting on I purchased from Walmart ($13!) out of necessity because their old shelf (seen above the WD) couldn't take the strain any longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-48972972-1