Thursday, September 12, 2013

Closet Clear-Out

I somehow ended up with some extra money this week (never happens) and had a particularly boring day at work. I've been in a shopping mood lately so I headed over to Ross looking for anything which might steer me away from the usual "jeans and a T-shirt" attire. This is what I found:
Not a very impressive photograph, but that's because it wasn't meant to illustrate anything special. Total price was $45 (I shop clearance) and now I have dress slacks, a yellow blouse (I didn't own anything yellow previously), some cute cutoff jeans, summery-looking wedges (its still hot around here) and a gorgeous lace maxi dress that I purchased without even trying on, it was so pretty.

I had previously committed to a rule of "one thing in, two things out" and followed it. The following is a picture of the stuff I dug out of my closet and put into a "For Goodwill" box. For every new item that went in, two old items came out.
What came back out were 3 jeans, 1 white capris, 4 shirts, 2 skirts (one of them NEVER worn), 1 pair of black pumps that I never mastered walking around in (worn ONCE), and 1 pair of black suede mid-thigh boots that I couldn't ever figure out how to wear gracefully. I doubled the amount of the shirts coming out since I have too many. 12 pieces of clothing later.... my closet looks exactly the same. 

Maybe I just need to keep on buying clothes.... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-48972972-1