Thursday, August 15, 2013

What I Did With Wedding Cards

I finally got around to collecting all the wedding cards we received over a month ago and making a little book out of them. I usually don't like to keep things I don't find useful, but if it's a gift, no matter how insignificant, I will keep it for as long as possible. We received some beautiful cards along with our wedding gifts, and I hated the thought of throwing them in a drawer to be scattered about over time, so I made a book out of them. It was quite simple... all I needed was a hole puncher and 3 loose binder clips to start off with.

 I chose one of the larger cards to start off with, and simply eye-balled where I thought the rings should go.

From there, I took a pen and made small dots on all the other cards for where the holes should go.

I make sure to put the smaller cards that could only be clipped to one or two clips in the middle, so they wouldn't get damaged or tear of over time.

I also alternated them; If I had consecutive small cards I'd put one on the top two clips, and then the next on the bottom two. It helped lessen the bulk.

To this I added lace which hung on our cards box. I removed the letters and wrapped the lace around the cards to hold them in place, then wrapped two rubber bands around it.
I wouldn't have done this if I meant to showcase the book, but since it's probably going into a keepsake box, then I want it to be as snugly packed as possible.

I will probably put these in a Ziplock bag and then in the back of my closet along with a bin full of wedding things. It's a nice treasure to find years later, and I wouldn't want to forget all the people who gave us these cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-48972972-1