Thursday, May 7, 2015

The Prego Diaries, Week 10

Pregnancy symptoms are weird. I have been testing a theory for the past few weeks and have had such successful results that it has now moved past the "theory" stage and I have now dubbed it "Damaris' Law of Bitter Regurgitation". This is how it works: If I haven't eaten in over 6 hours, instead of feeling the usual hunger and empty stomach, I feel extremely nauseated, very uncomfortable heartburn, an acidic stomach, and burping for no apparent reason. I then proceed to have a nice meal, and instead of feeling even more sick, I get almost instantly better and the nausea goes away.
I'm sure there's a very rational medical condition that causes this, but I don't feel like googling it and having WebMD tell me that I have esophagus cancer or something like that. So note to self: don't go hungry or else you'll puke stomach acid.

Alright, so on to other things....
  • I am still craving Granny Smith apples, I eat one every day. 
  • Meat is very hit and miss... sometimes I can stomach it, but it's mostly just gross, especially bland meat like chicken breast. Yuck. I only eat it when I can have other things to mix up the flavor... or in sandwiches because I love sandwiches. 
  • New craving of the week: Roman noodles. I ate two cups of Roman (on two separate days) this week and I feel extremely guilty because they have no nutritional value. Luckily I only allowed myself to purchase 2 while grocery shopping, so I cut myself off already.
  • I want spicy foods all the time, hence the Roman. Things that used to give me heartburn no longer give me heartburn (maybe we can blame this on the 1/2 Mexican baby haha).
  • Energy levels are returning. I still sleep a lot, but I also feel jumpy and awake and I am always fidgeting during the day, so that's great! 
And onto a MAJOR complaint...
  • breaghladkfaoigaosdkjf!!!!!!!! It's the end of the week and I'm sick and tired of being so sick and tired. NOTHING seems to appease this stomach. Everything I eat either makes me puke or makes me feel like there's a ball of yuckage stuck in my throat ready to come out. All I have to do is look at a toilet and *BARF*, half-digested food comes out. 
  • And this is no commonplace morning sickness, no way. I actually feel great in the mornings because there's nothing in my stomach fighting it's way out. It's when I eat my first meal that everything goes downhill. I sure hope that my esophagus has some lining remaining after all of this is over, and it hasn't been completely consumed by stomach acid.
And onto baby things...
  • During week 9 baby is officially a fetus (not an embryo), so yay her! 
  • By week 10, she has working arm and leg joints and her vital organs are fully developed! Wow!
  • She's also growing fingernails. Fingernails!!!
  • Also, she can swallow and kick.... even though she's barely over an inch long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-48972972-1