Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Walgreensing


I ran out of my favorite shampoo yesterday, and that's a BIG DEAL for a couponer/stockpiler like myself, so I had to do something about it today.

I am not usually a Walgreens shopper (I find their coupon policy confusing) but a new store opened up in my hometown and last week's newspaper contained a coupon for $3 off any $10 purchase valid at that particular store, so I thought, heck, why not? 
I perused online couponing sites for Walgreens deals and found some great prices on Scrubbing Bubbles this week, so that's what I went for (in addition to my shampoo, of course). 

Here's the deal breakdown (it's a bit confusing, so it takes extra typing to explain it all):
This week's ad has a points booster: spend $30 and receive 5,000 Balance Rewards Points from 1/11 to 1/13. This must be reached before manufacturer coupons but after sales and store coupons. 
Scrubbing Bubbles products have several promotions:
  • SB Bathroom Cleaners = Buy 2, Receive $1 Register Reward & Buy 3, Recieve $3 Catalina 
  •  SB Fresh Brush Starter Kit & Caddy = Buy 1, receive 3,000 Balance Reward Points
So here are my purchases: 

  •  2 Suave (Shampoo&Conditioner) 28oz
    • $3.99 each, regular price
    • Used two $1.50/1 mc
  • 2 Finish Power Ball Dishwasher packs
    • $5.29 each, regular price
    • Used two $2.15/1 mc
  • One Scrubbing Bubbles Fresh Brush Starter Kit
    • $7.99 sale price through 1/31
    • Received 3,000 points
  • One Scrubbing Bubbles Fresh Brush Refill, 12ct
    • $3.50 when you buy 2 sale price through 1/17
    • Used one FREE Refill (took off $4) wyb Starter Kit (coupons.com)
  • One Scrubbing Bubbles Bath Foam Cleanser
    • $3.50 when you buy 2 sale price through 1/17
    • Used $1.00/1 SB Bath Cleaning Product (coupons.com)
    • Received $1.00 Register Reward (Buy 2)
    • Received $3.00 Catalina (Buy 3 products)
  • Additional Coupons:
    • Used 5,000 Point Booster Coupon in ad
    • Used $3 off $10 purchase Walgreens coupon
Total Before Coupons: $36.57
Total OOP After: $18.something
Credits for next purchase: 5,000 points ($5) + 3,000 points ($3) + $1 Register Reward + $3 Catalina = $12 total

$18 - $12 = $6 Overall for 7 household items :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-48972972-1