Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Angry Birds Live

ANGRY BIRDS LIVE!

I volunteered for last nights YSA FHE lesson and activity, and decided to take an idea out of my Pinterest boards and make my very own Angry Birds Live game. It was a lot more successful than I thought it would be, thanks to the help and good attitudes of everyone who participated.
Here's what I used:
  • 6 small, 6 medium, and 6 large moving boxes (Lowe's)
    • I went overboard here, we really didn't need that many, but they survived the night in almost perfect condition and since apartment living isn't gonna be my thing forever... I know I'll use them within a year. 
  • several green balloons
  • 8 small plastic balls (Walmart... although if I had done Dollar Tree they would have been cheaper)
  • 6 boxes of cereal
    • These weren't really necessary, but I had so much cereal from couponing that I thought they would make a nice addition
  • wrapping paper 
  • 2 "soldier helmets" I found at Dollar Tree
  • exercise Stretch Bands
    • I was aiming for a big water balloon launcher, but no store I went to had them. I had almost given up on my Angry Birds idea when I passed by these at Walmart and inspiration hit. 
all ready to go!
I wrapped up the cereal to use as "bricks"

one of our set-ups

Some piggies had helmets

Pretty unflattering... not the best photographers lol
This was a pretty fun activity overall. I did go overboard with all the materials I purchased, so if you want to give it a try, I suggest using about half of what I did and you should be ok. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-48972972-1