Monday, August 18, 2014

Empty Nesting

Is this what empty nesting feels like? Because if it is, then I'm about 25 years too early. Philip left this morning for a job in Newark, NJ and our little apartment has never felt bigger. He's been out in the GoM working at an oil rig off the coast of Louisiana for the past 2-ish weeks, and now he's gone again! He was only in Corpus Christi for about 16 hours, and 8 of those I was at work, 4 were spent sleeping, 2 were spent stuck in traffic, and 2 were spent packing. It kinda sucked, but at least I got to see him.
I dropped him off at the airport this morning; he will be working in Newark, NJ for the next 3.5 weeks! Ugh, being an adult isn't fun sometimes.
BUT, on the other hand... here are the things I get to do in his absence:

  1. drive his truck. seriously, I don't think he is ever getting this truck back. finders keepers. 
  2. cook foods i love, but he doesn't. like spaghetti and all kinds of soup!
  3. decorate like crazy and move furniture around
  4. plan for super fun holiday trips like Christmas in New York :)
  5. read more books! (I read 3 during the 2 weeks he was out at sea, it was great)
  6. spend more time at Barnes and Nobel and less time at Lowe's
  7. visit more people everywhere; the Valley, San Antonio, and I might even get wild and show up in Houston, Loni! 
  8. give the TV/Xbox a much-needed rest
  9. not feel guilty about takeout on the nights when i'm just not hungry enough to make dinner
  10. have a fantastic week every month of having my hubby home with no other obligations <3
Ok, coming up with 10 good things about being lonely was more difficult than I thought it would be, but I think this schedule is something I could really get used to. I have tons of things to do while he's away, and I will always have something to look forward to. 

On a related subject, look at these pictures of him working out in the middle of the ocean! 
the basket that lifted them onto the platform

hardly working

and working hard

an almost-sunset 

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-48972972-1