Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Phil VS Sleep

Since P has been out in NJ for the past few months, the chances I get to hear him talking in his sleep have diminished to almost nothing. However, I recently saw something funny happen. On his first night back home, he had not slept in about a day and a half, but we had so much to talk about that he insisted on staying up so we could finish our conversation. Here's how that went:

(after closing a conversational subject)
Me: (sitting by him on the bed) Ok, you should go to sleep now.
P: (laying in bed) But I'm not tired anymore, I'm going to watch TV in the living room.
Me: Just go to sleep, I want to read a book in the living room.
P: But I'm not tired.
Me: Stay still for 5 minutes and I promise you'll fall asleep.
P: I'm not sleepy. 

I decided I was too sleepy for book reading, so I got off his side of the bed, walked to my side, took my glasses off, and laid down.
Time elapsed: 10 seconds.

By the time I fluffed my pillows and turned off the light, I looked over and P was 110% asleep. Mr-I'm-Not-Tired took all of 10 seconds to slip into a coma. He asked me the next morning how long I had been out reading in the living room because he hadn't felt me "come back to bed".

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-48972972-1