Monday, May 19, 2014

CVS Couponing

Extra Bucks are $$ coupons given at CVS with the purchase of certain items every week, and they are used as cash at the register. I had a few that were about to expire this week, so I planned an "extreme couponing" trip to use them up. I also decided to put my extra CVS card/account (which is technically supposed to be my husband's) into play since it had not been used for a long time. I did these transactions in two different CVS stores so as to not clear the shelves (FYI: there was ample amounts of everything in both.)
Here's my couponing magic:

Card 1 (mine):
Received 20% off email coupon from CVS last Thursday

  • Two Colgate Total Rinse, 1 L $5.99 sale price (Buy one, get $3 Extra Bucks, limit 2) 
    • Used two $2.00/1 Colgate Total Mouthwash (coupons.com)
  • One Crest Pro-Health, 1 L $3.99 sale price (Buy one, get $2 Extra Bucks, limit 2)
    • Used one $1.00/1 Crest Pro-Health Rinse (coupons.com)
    • Used $3.00 off $15.00 Toothpaste, Rinse, Toothbrush CVS coupon
  • Two Dove Chocolate Bars 3.3 oz, 2 for $3 sale price (Buy two, get $1 Extra Bucks, limit 1)
    • Used one $1.00/2 Dove Chocolate Bars (smartsource.com)
  • Three M&M's, $0.77 each, sale price
    • Used Buy 2, get 1 Free (smartsource.com)
    • Used $1.00 off  $5.00 Candy CVS coupon
  • Two St. Ives Apricot Scrub, $4.49 reg price, BOGO 50% off (Buy two, get $3 Extra Bucks, limit 1)
    • Used two $1.00/1 St. Ives product from SS 5/18
  • Four Revlon Colorstay Shadowlinks Eye Shadows, $3.19 regular price (Revlon Spend $10 get $4 Extra Bucks)
    • Used one $2.00 off $10.00 Revlon CVS coupon
    • Used four $2.00/1 Revlon Eye Product (coupons.com)
I had $11.00 in Extra Bucks from previous weeks which I used to lower my Out of Pocket expenses. 
My total before coupons was $49 something, almost $50. I used $30-something in coupons, $11 in Extra Bucks, and my out-of-pocket cost was $6.89 and I received $14.00 in Extra Bucks to use later. 

Card 2 (husband's): 
Received $4 off $20 purchase email coupon from CVS last Thursday
  • Two Colgate Total Rinse, 1 L $5.99 sale price (Buy one, get $3 Extra Bucks, limit 2) 
    • Used two $2.00/1 Colgate Total Mouthwash (coupons.com)
  • One Crest Pro-Health, 1 L $3.99 sale price (Buy one, get $2 Extra Bucks, limit 2)
    • Used one $1.00/1 Crest Pro-Health Rinse (coupons.com)
    • Used $2.00 off $10.00 Toothpaste, Rinse, Toothbrush CVS coupon
  • Two Dove Chocolate Bars 3.3 oz, 2 for $3 sale price (Buy two, get $1 Extra Bucks, limit 1)
    • Used one $1.00/2 Dove Chocolate Bars (smartsource.com)
  • Three M&M's, $0.77 each, sale price
    • Used Buy 2, get 1 Free (smartsource.com)
  • Two Right Guard Xtreme Deodorants, $4.49 regular price, (Buy one, get one free)
    • Used $1.50 off $4.00 deodorant purchase CVS coupon
  • One Sunday newspaper $2.00 (I was so excited there were leftovers from the day before! I just couldn't help myself)
This card had not been used in a while, so I had no Extra Bucks to lower my Out of Pocket cost. The total before coupons was around $30. After coupons I paid just over $14 and got back $9 in Extra Bucks to use later. 

I am usually never OK with anything higher than $5 out of pocket, but since I hadn't couponed at CVS for quite some time I don't feel so guilty. I also walked away with a total of $23 Extra Bucks, which is more than the $21 I spent out of pocket, so to me, this is a great deal!

CLICK HERE TO PRINT COUPONS! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-48972972-1